Monday, August 1, 2016

The Happiness Project

"To be happy, I needed to generate more positive emotions, so that I increased the amount of joy, pleasure, enthusiasm, gratitude, intimacy, and friendship in my life. I also needed to remove sources of bad feelings, so that I suffered less guilt, remorse, shame, anger, envy, boredom, and irritation. I saw that I also needed to consider feeling right." ---Gretchen Ruben

I set high standards for everyone else, but what about my own? How do I hold myself accountable?

"It was time to expect more of myself." 

"My commandments" 

Be less demanding and pushy.
Do not keep things for sentimental reasons alone.
Manage my moods
Act the way I want to feel
Tenderness and Patience
"It is easy to be heavy: hard to be light."
"What you do every day, matters more than what you do once in a while."

No comments:

Post a Comment